Recipe courtesy of Russer Foods:
Makes 8 servings.
No-stick cooking spray4 Tablespoons dry bread crumbs1 package (26 ounces) frozen shredded potatoes for hash browns, defrosted1 onion, chopped1 1/2 cups shredded low-fat mozzarella cheese, divided4 Tablespoons reduced-calorie margarine, melted1 teaspoon Italian seasoning, dividedFreshly ground pepper to taste2 Tablespoons olive oil or no-stick cooking spray1 zucchini, thinly sliced1 package (8 ounces) mushrooms, thinly sliced2 tomatoes, peeled, seeded, cut into chunks, and drained2/3 pound Russer Light Salami, diced3 Tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Lightly spray 10-inch pie plate with cooking spray and sprinkle with bread crumbs.
- Place potatoes, onion, 3/4 cup mozzarella cheese, margarine, 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning, and pepper in large bowl and toss to combine.
- Spoon into prepared pie plate and spread evenly over bottom and up sides to make crust, pressing firmly. Bake in preheated oven 25 minutes.
- Heat oil in large skillet. Add zucchini, mushrooms, tomatoes, and salami.
- Season with remaining 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning and pepper.
- Saute about 5 minutes.
- Spread mixture evenly in cooked potato crust and top with remaining mozzarella cheese. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350°F and bake just until cheese is melted.
- Cut into wedges to serve.
COMPANY INFORMATION:Russer Foods is part of the Tyson Foods, Inc., family.
665 Perry Avenue
Buffalo, NY 14210 USA
SOURCE: Nutritional Brochure (©1998)
UPDATED ON: 4/1/2003